Membership Help Needed Please!

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Memberships are not my strong point, but I know enough to get done what needs done...usually. I have a client that for some reason has a membership with a 2 year duration, but it should only be 1 year. I tried to edit the "From" and "To" date and every time it goes back to what it was before. Any suggestions?

Miranda_0-1720628554835.png

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC
12 REPLIES 12

EricOlsen
New Contributor

Hello there.  Late to the party...

Memberships have been a huge focus for me for the past year and a half.  As such, I have been learning about them through trial and error, frustration and pain, f-bombs and fist pumping!  It has gotten much better though.

I am in no way a guru, yet wanted to bring this up...

Have you check the duration on your Membership Types?

EricOlsen_0-1724440852927.png

Perhaps the membership that you are having trouble with is set to a 24-month duration.  Just a thought

Have a great weekend!

lcody
New Contributor III

reason may be is one of the memberships may not have been used. If it has been used, it was not allocated to the item task, so you will need to dismiss it inorder for the system to allow you to expire the membership. 

Niki_Benfatti
New Contributor II

Check what your recurring service date is and what the template you have set for your recurring service dates are. For our memberships I have it set to every 6 months. You might've accidentally set the recurring service date out too far. When editing to and from dates, I've found that you also have to edit your recurring service dates to match or else it just reverts to whatever it was. 

Miranda

Something was stuck on the back end, but support got it fixed for us.

Ventirght
New Contributor II

Hey, are you using recurring service events? If yes, within those you need to set the end date and recurrence and that should help as well.

Miranda

Yes...but not 100% like we should

Zachkays

Zachkays_0-1720634704265.png

As long as the cancellation date is at the one year mark it should be fine, if the date is not sticking after hitting save I would reach out to support 😞 because there may be something stuck in the back end. Also is there a two year option in the build out or did they use a sale task and renew task at the same time. I would be happy to hope on a call 🙂 

Intelligent Design Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Solar, & Electric
Tucson, AZ

Miranda

Our memberships are a work in progress so we have to do a little bit of a work around if they get sold from the mobile side. There is no two year option in the build out. 

I changed the status of it to expired and now it insists on the "To" date being 7/11/2024. Makes it look like it was active for longer than a year, but at least it's not going into 2025. Still seems like something is off.

Zachkays

That is strange I did the build out here for Intelligent Design and we can look at a few settings. Did you want to stay on the Admin hour call with me a little longer and I am sure we can narrow it down? I know Danielle said she leaves the room open for us. 

Intelligent Design Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Solar, & Electric
Tucson, AZ