Monthly Membership Down Payment

NPJ
New Contributor

Our techs will often sell a membership while at a diagnostic appointment and perform the first of the recurring services while they are at the customer's home. Some of these would like the monthly payment option. We have always required a down payment  in this instance. 

When we sell a membership like this, Service Titan charges the 1st monthly payment to the job invoice and sets the customer up for monthly payments going forward. 

Do any of you require down payments when the membership is sold and the first service is performed? If so, how do handle them? Does your tech in the field another task for the remainder of the payment? Do you handle it in the office? 

I would love to hear your feedback! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We do not require any down payments for any of our memberships.  Looks like there are a few ways to manage that process.  If I were to do something like that I would probably enter it in the initial deferred revenue with a note in the Memo of the membership or increase the sales task amount by the downpayment with note in memo still.  We created a membership custom field for other items but that could be an option too if you wanted to make a report on membership down payments.  

TeraWhetten
New Contributor II

This is something we are considering in the future. Would love to see how other company's do this.