seasonal & recurring membership

Logan
New Contributor

We use memberships for several sites that require weekly visits during the busy season(summer). These same memberships really only need a biweekly visit during the winter. is anyone else accomplishing this in a straightforward way instead of making 2 memberships?

it seems to me the "Seasonal" option is just a special case of the monthly option and would be a more robust scheduling option if you could select seasonal as a modifier on monthly, and weekly services to allow for seasonal differences in scheduling recurring services

3 REPLIES 3

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I agree on the seasonal just being a limiter on straight monthly and not necessarily the use case you are describing.  If you did want to try and make it work with just one membership, you can always setup multiple recurring services that are tied to the sale of the 1 membership.  I could see setting up 4 Seasonal Recurring services for the busy season and just selecting the busy season months and then 2 seasonal Recurring Services for the slow season.  This though would put all 4 Recurring Services for the busy month due on the same day, so you would have to adjust.  

Additionally, I am not sure what months or how long your busy season is but you could always modify the membership at the start of the month to have a set number of recurring visits depending on what time of the year the membership was sold.  For example, if your busy season is June, July, and August, on July 1st you could modify your memberships recurring service to be weekly for 8 weeks and a second one to be biweekly for the rest of the year.  

Not sure if your memberships expire and need to be renewed but you could always just sell it with bi-weekly recurring service attached and then when a membership is sold, add an additionally bi-weekly recurring service to that location for the summer dates you want to go every week.  This will require adjusting every membership but most companies check every membership anyways to make sure it was sold correctly and there is a payment method on file, so this may be the least manual work of all of these work around suggestions. 

Hope this gives some food for thought and let us know what you end up doing but probably better than selling the customer customer 2 separate memberships.  

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Recurring Services.PNG

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

This is what it looks like to add a recurring service and is done on the location page.  

Element Mist