Renewal vs New Sale On Memberships

Weldon02
New Contributor II

It would be nice if Service Titan would make it so a technician cannot "sell" a new membership if there is an existing one in the last 6 months even if it is expired. I wish it would make them "renew" the membership, not sell a new one. Otherwise it messes up the new sales vs renewal numbers as well as technician spiffs. 

5 REPLIES 5

reneem
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Agree with this idea (and went and voted), but one thing ST will need to consider is people with multiple memberships. We have a membership for plumbing and for hvac, so as long as it know which TYPE you are trying to renew, then it should be okay!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

I agree. We have multiple departments that use memberships, so maybe making this feature optional would work as well. Something you would select in settings.

Weldon02
New Contributor II

Here is the ID:  COMMUNITY-I-1961

Thanks for the input! We do use the tags but I'm not sure we are using them right to auto-populate when a membership has expired. 

baraica
Former Titan

Hi,

Jessica is right. Another tip I'd add here would be to try using membership tags. For example, if a tech sees a renewal tag, they should easily know to sell a renewal membership versus sell a new membership. 

Additionally, “potential membership renewal” vs “potential member” should point to the right action to take here.

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea! Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so we can upvote your idea!

At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions