Discount and Fee overhaul, not applied to full invoice

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well!!!

COMMUNITY-I-2119

Sometimes when selling a 2nd or 3rd estimate on the same job, you want to give a percent discount to get them to go with the additional work and that addon amount doesn't always work as you are locked into the addon price. Being able to say, 5% or 10% off the second estimate since you got work done already is what is needed sometimes to get the job done. The problem is, when this 10% hits the invoice, it discounts the whole invoice and not just the 2nd estimate that was sold. We don't allow technicians to edit price, so we see a lot of the Tasks $1 Discount with the technician then having to do math to figure out what 10% of the 2nd estimate is and then change the quantity of the $1 Discount task to in effect give the customer 10% off the second estimate without discounting the entire invoice. Forcing technicians to do math like this is a bit scary and doesn't always go well. Would be nice to see something like a pop up when an estimate is sold that has a % discount on it that would ask a question like would you like this discount to apply to the entire invoice, or only the items contained on this estimate? That would give the technician the ultimate flexibility to say, I will give you a 5% discount off of everything if you go with this additional work and also have the ability to say I will give you a 10% discount on this second estimate if you go with the work. Obviously the flat $ discounts take care of them selves and are not a concern but it becomes the % discounts that techs get confused on and then the office has to clean up later which can also lead to customer complaints. It is also hard to go back and tell a customer that they owe you more money because the tech was only supposed to apply that 10% discount to the additional work, but they screwed up and discounted the entire invoice, and therefore the customer should pay more. Those conversations dont go well and we end up eating extra costs frequently because of this.

Element Mist
7 REPLIES 7

RHILL74
New Contributor II

I would love to see a more flexibility with the discounts! Our jobs vary and on estimates we might want a specific dollar amount not a fixed discount or percentage. 

Submitted this idea and I need some votes!  https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-4222

reneem

What we did was add a task in for 10% that is listed at the price of -$.10. Then the tech just has to change the quantity to whatever the total discount is. So if the ticket is 500 and we are giving 10% off, he would add the 10% off task (which has a cost of -$0.10, and then the tech changes the quantity to $500. this way it does all the math for you! We have a task for 5%,10%,15% and 20%!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

Kayers
New Contributor

I think this solution would work if you put it into an item group with the service/item you want to discount. 

I think it would be even better if ST could take it a step further to allow us to use the "Discounts & Fees" option to an item group so we can apply % discounts to a specific items and not the invoice as a whole.

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-5210

JessicaSmith

This is fine but it looks funny on the customer side!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

AdamCronenberg

Agree, customers are like what is this as it isnt as clean as it could be.

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

Yes! I want a way to be able to select a percentage discount and then select the items it applies to! Like if I'm giving 30% off an IAQ product on special, I don't want to discount the whole invoice, just that item.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

RandiThompson

rthompso_0-1667230212160.gif

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating