Individual Answers on Forms Searchable or Triggering some action

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please upvote this idea if you like it.

COMMUNITY-I-2113

We collect a lot of data and forms are a great way to force a technician to fill out information, but it is really hard to utilize the information collected by the individual questions answered on a form. It would be great if we could search for answers to individual questions or even have certain triggers or actions (whether that be a tag, task management, auto-estimate built, etc) off of an answer given to an individual form question. Yes, you can add a tag when a form is completed or set up something within zapier, but that is on the top level of the form itself and not on the questions answered in the form. I have SOOOO many use cases for this but for the purpose of keeping this long post as brief as possible, here is one. We fill out an inspection checklist upon arrival on the condition of the door and the garage. It would be great to ask how old the motor is and which model they have an have their answer auto add equipment to that location. It would be great to also add a question on how messy is this customers garage and if the answer is very mess, to trigger either a tag, follow up opportunity, task, or even an automatically built estimate for storage solutions based on the answer on the question. Having this individual data be searchable would also be huge for marketing pro in creating an audience when you are slow to target for follow-up. Can you imagine being able to build an audience of all customers that have messy garages and target them with an email campaign with a spring cleaning special for storage solutions? Utilizing the vast amount of data we collect, especially with forms forcing the technician to follow the path to complete the job, would have massive revenue opportunities for companies. 

I understand there is ways to have techs build estimates, fill out individual forms, alert the office, etc, but relying on the technician to be a superstar every time and spend a ton of time performing all these actions on the tablet is not realistic, and I think there is a huge opportunity for Service Titan to allow companies to more easily monetize the data that their titans are entering by creating something like this. @rgulati 

Element Mist
7 REPLIES 7

cassied_admin
New Contributor II

This would be cool. I think some of this could be achieved by creating a Service Titan form and using mandated questions that they cannot close the job out until they are filled out if you add a trigger and if needed notifications to the office. I believe Service Titan created forms can be exported into excel so you can collect data that way. I have experimented a lot with Conditional Logic in Service Titan forms and it is amazing. I've used them to create a "return visit" if needed so I have the reminder in my email.

IndyAlex
New Contributor II

Love this idea - It would definitely cut down the amount of time our office spends on manual data entry! 

rgulati
New Contributor

Thanks @AdamCronenberg and @JessicaSmith for the feedback. Forms data and utilizing it to drive workflows is a key area of focus for us next year. Stay tuned as we continue to drive improvements in this space. cc @Hayk_P  

reneem

yessss! Love to hear this!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

JessicaSmith

This is great news!!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

Yes! I need specific answers on forms to trigger an alert or a tag or some other action!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

RandiThompson

YEEESSSS!!!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating