Price book Categories to business units

AaronXtreme
New Contributor

I want to enable/disable certain price book categories based on business units. I have the business units assigned in the categories, but we can still see all price book items. Anyone know why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @AaronXtreme -- if you've updated/removed certain BU's from certain categories from your pricebook, then those techs who are assigned to the removed category should no longer be able to see it. If they still are even after "downloading pricebook" then you would go to their tech profile and ensure they aren't assigned to categories from there. Best practice is to use one or the other (categories via tech profile or categories via bu in the pricebook) and not both.

Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @AaronXtreme -- if you've updated/removed certain BU's from certain categories from your pricebook, then those techs who are assigned to the removed category should no longer be able to see it. If they still are even after "downloading pricebook" then you would go to their tech profile and ensure they aren't assigned to categories from there. Best practice is to use one or the other (categories via tech profile or categories via bu in the pricebook) and not both.

Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena,

Is it possible to assign the pricebook categories to the business unit itself? Lets say a commercial call comes in, and the business unit selected for that job is "Commercial Service." When the tech runs that call, I only want our commercial pricebook to be available. We sometimes have techs work in different business units, so I do not want to lock them down to one business unit. 

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @AaronXtreme, unfortunately when you assign a business unit to a category, only the technicians working within that business unit will be able to see those pricebook items. It isn't variable based on the job bu. It's the tech BU and the pricebook BU that are tied into each other.

Sheena @ NiFT

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Are your techs assigned to specific business units?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions