Dynamic: Material Calculation Feature

EM
New Contributor II

Does anyone know a work around for the dynamic price calculation when you do not carry the part?

A problem we are facing is when we do not carry the items on our trucks or in our warehouse for a task. We have to send the tech to pick up the item(s) at the vendor and then on the backend correct each invoice. Although they have the "copy invoice" feature on the office side it requires us to look at each invoice and does not address the problem of how to get those cost in the calculation of dynamic.

Is the best option to maintain a non-inventory material category with every item we might pick up so that we can have them linked to the the service. Would having a generic "placeholder" material with different price levels be a better options? I could really use some advice on how to work this out so that our profitability is being maintained on each task. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I have created a material called OEM ECM blower motor and as for the cost I added the average cost of different brands. I did that for all materials/parts that we would typically do a purchase order because they are non-inventory.

Pricebook Pro does the same, takes the average nation wide cost of material for calculations

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

codyelli

Another option for this is to have sub item and sub material feature unlocked for you. If you allow techs to change prices you can have an OEM material that they can change the price of. They would just add the sub material to the dynamic task and it will calculate from there. It is a current workflow I use in our plumbing department for larger jobs so we can have all the material accounted for.

Chayo80

I have created a material called OEM ECM blower motor and as for the cost I added the average cost of different brands. I did that for all materials/parts that we would typically do a purchase order because they are non-inventory.

Pricebook Pro does the same, takes the average nation wide cost of material for calculations