Best Practice for Reviewing AR

Anne_Newton
New Contributor II

We are new to ST and our old processes are not falling into place as easily as I would like.  We typically work out past due invoices pretty regularly, utilizing notes and being able to have CSR's easily see the aging on an account.  I am not seeing that ability in Service Titan.  Am I missing something?  

Then, is there a way to create and store dunning letters to send to customers that are 30, 60, 90, days past due, notifying them that payment is due upon receipt or they will be in collections.  

Others have mentioned "Do Not Service" and tags... just wondering if I am missing something else.  

Thanks!! 

Anne Newton, Customer Service Manager @ Millers Heating & Air, Norfolk, VA.

9 REPLIES 9

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would also look at the AR Management module under the accounting tab as it will give you visibility into your AR by customer and also allow you to send customer statements in mass with notifications that also have a payment link.  This sits in the accounting phase.  It is pretty functional but there are a few enhancements that would really make it awesome but if you are not familiar with it, check it out and that should help. 

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

AR Management Section.PNG

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Would love the ability to sort through customers that you are working out a deal with or payment terms.  It is still AR that is open but if I told someone I would let them pay off their balance in 3 monthly payments, I would want an easy way to be able to differentiate those customers and not send them a statement when I send the rest of them out in bulk.  That is a long standing enhancement request I have had for this module.  When I get around to putting that in the IDEAS section, I will let you know so it can get upvoted unless someone has a cool workaround for that, but I haven't been able to find a good workaround that doesn't seriously screw with some of our other processes.

Element Mist

KristinS1

Do you have your Payment Terms function turned on?  It is a permission you have to activate.   This lets you set the perimeters for the time frames that you are looking for?

Kristin Smith
Covenant Plumbing

Anne_Newton
New Contributor II

I do see those reports.. and I can pull them, but I do not see the communication devices in place to send a customer a 30/60/90 day letter.  I will reach out via your email for more details.  

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

There is a Legacy Report called Accounts Receivable that will show you all of your accounts that have a balance and how far out they are. Are you familiar with that? We run statements every month, around the 25th, add late fees to the ones past 30 days and send them out either by mail or email. Once those go out, around the 10th or so, I start making reminder calls concerning past due balances. If you would like to talk, shoot me an email... donna@korrectplumbing.com 

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea! Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Thank you!  I did.. 🙂 

JessicaSmith

In case anyone wants to vote, here is the link! COMMUNITY-I-2081 

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions