Jobs going over the scheduled time

JasonPelican
New Contributor

Looking to see if "scheduled end time" can be added to the reporting. There is currently an option to have "Scheduled time" which shows when a job is scheduled to start. With this I can determine if a tech starts a job late. I would also like a "scheduled end time" so I can see how often a tech goes over the allotted time. This will allow us to see if we need to adjust our estimated time or if the tech is not being efficient. The report I am working with is the "Job Type Report"

Report.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

baraica
Former Titan

I see what you mean now. Blue collar nerd has a good point too, and I was going to suggest the Non-Billable Hours KPI found in the jobs dataset should show the comparison of sold hours on job (sum of sold hours should be used as the estimated job duration) to the total working time on the job. So a positive value would show an actual job curation that is longer than estimate job duration. But these would only work for you if you were using sold hours. 

At this point it's worth submitting an idea and also if you haven't talked to your CSM, definitely bring this up in the next call.  

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

JasonPelican
New Contributor

I'm not looking for OT hours, I already capture that. Also, we don't setup our jobs based on sold hours. We build out estimates with all of our units/materials/labor all factored in. Then our sales folks determine a time frame a job should take and when we dispatch it is based on that time frame. What I am looking to capture is when a tech works past that estimated time frame. This will not necessarily be OT as we may have a job scheduled for a half day for a tech and they end up being there 6 hours

If you look at the screenshot below, I am trying to capture the time frame in the red box. This is time the tech spent at a job past the estimated duration. I can see it on a day to day basis on the dashboard, but I am looking to be able to pull it in a report to look at it on a weekly or monthly basis.

Duration.jpg

I can currently pull in the scheduled start time, if I could also pull in the scheduled end time or the duration of the job, either of these options would allow me to capture what I am looking for. We have a few techs who are repeatedly going over the time, but not enough for us to be paying them overtime. However, the extra time they are taking on their jobs eats into our profit margin and also goes over the time frame the customer is expecting us to be there.

Duration 2.jpg

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

It sounds like what you're really trying to track is how efficient your technicians are, so I'd recommend using the "billable efficiency" KPI in the technician performance dataset. That gives you a more granular idea of their efficiency because it compares the sold hours on the job to the actual hours they spent.

baraica
Former Titan

Hey Jason, 

I'd like to suggest the Master Pay File report, and I know it sounds like you are interested more in the training aspect for your techs rather than the payroll, but I do think this dataset may include things like paid duration, OT hours, Reg hours and DT Hours. Though these KPIs may not have the exact information you are looking for, I think it could give you similar insight. I've attached a suggestion for some columns.

reporttttttttt.png

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team