Setting up big jobs in Pricebook

BrettD87
New Contributor II

We currently have most tasks created for everyday jobs. When we run into little jobs we've missed they get added but I am interested as to what other people/companies use in pricebook to bid out bigger jobs, so techs are able to easily present a price to a customer with everything included in the bid. We've had to create a task labeled just service and description is service but then a tech will bid out a job and when sent to the customer it says service/service $xxxxx amount because they don't change the description. In practice I created a task for an excavation job then created all the equipment possibly used for an excavation in materials and added those materials to the task in hopes with dynamic or static pricing that if a tech was to delete materials not used or increase materials used the price would fluctuate properly with our margins and give techs accurate pricing this however did not work. Without creating a task for every item included in a big job how could I get a task to fluctuate price with adding or deleting items in the task? 

2 REPLIES 2

spetrie
Contributor II

What your describing is a pain point for me too, I think you should submit this as an idea somehow.

BrettD87
New Contributor II

I added this to ideas and hopefully they will get back to me asap. I've reached out to multiple sources if I get an answer for a work around, I'll let you know.