Issue with discounts on the Payroll Detail report and calculating commission.

AlanaOHA
New Contributor II

We have been having a problem with any discounts being taken on an job, where the commission is based off the amount before the discount. I don't know if this is an issue with how things are set up in ST because I just handle the payroll.

I have tried to change the -$ discount to a negative quantity but it still does the same thing. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

brice 220 snip.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @AlanaOHA -- do you have the feature "Discounts & Fees" enabled? This is where you can choose to have the commission calculated with or without the discount. This is definitely something that can be adjusted based on setup!

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlanaOHA
New Contributor II

We finally got this all set up in discounts and coupons and it is still doing the same thing. Do I have to make sure Exclude From Payroll is checked off to make sure it is doing it correctly?

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @AlanaOHA -- do you have the feature "Discounts & Fees" enabled? This is where you can choose to have the commission calculated with or without the discount. This is definitely something that can be adjusted based on setup!

Sheena @ NiFT

We do have it but they haven't been using it yet for discounts. It looks like they set up discounts as services before they had access to the discounts and fees feature and just have not changed anything yet.

Thank you for the quick response! We will get to creating discounts in the right place and I am sure that will fix the problem.