NEW IDEA: Choose which discounts affect your configurable payroll commissions

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I have my comfort advisors set up in configurable payroll to pay a percentage of the invoice. That percentage decreases on a sliding scale based on the discounts on the job. I want to be able to mark which discounts affect the commission in configurable payroll instead of having it be all of them. For example if I as the manager offer the customer a discount, or if my marketing team puts a discount on a flyer that my comfort advisor must honor, I wouldn't want that discount to reduce their commission rate because they had no choice in the matter. But if the comfort advisor gives the customer a discount through their own discretion, I do want that to reduce the commission rate.

Please go vote! https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-5082

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi @JessicaSmith! Definitely a great idea for a CP enhancement.  For the time being, for the discounts that you do not want to affect the sliding scale commission rate given, these discounts can be created in the Services section within Pricebook.  Only the discounts created in the Discount & Fees section impact the "Discount %" calculation in Configurable Payroll.  Techs would then use the discounts from Discount & Fees and managers would use the discounts created in Services.  Let me know if you have any questions!

JessicaSmith

Yes that's our current workaround, but it's not ideal!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Miranda

Voted! Like this idea!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@JessicaSmith, thanks for sharing this amazing idea with the Community!💡