Payroll & Timesheets Idea

bnico
New Contributor

We currently use ServiceTitan timesheets for our payroll. We use QuickBooks desktop to process payroll and timesheets. We currently have to manually enter our timesheets from ServiceTitan into QuickBooks (print off timesheets in excel and type into QB weekly timesheets). It would be an awesome integration if we could export our timesheets into QuickBooks directly (it would save us a lot of time). I'm posting this as an integration idea, because I think it could be beneficial to us and lots of other companies too.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I no longer use Quickbooks Desktop, but when I did, I followed this video to import my hours weekly. I had to make a very specific timesheet report and copy it into a template each week, but it really did save a lot of time. The set up is cumbersome and you have to follow it to a T- but once I got it set up it was awesome!

https://youtu.be/dumK2JOQEzE

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

joh5020
New Contributor

I export the timesheets from ServiceTitan into an Excel file. I created an Excel macro that takes the export file and reformats it into the format that is in the video that Jessica referenced above. 

I decreased the time to input timesheets into the QuickBooks format from several hours to a few seconds.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sjaeger

We use it when exporting from ST goes down.

sjaeger

We use Transaction Pro.  It's the same as what Jessica does, but it was easier to set up.  Transaction Pro is a third-party software that will import Excel files into QBs for you.  You can do a lot more than just timesheets.

JessicaSmith

Does it work with QBO or only QBD?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

sjaeger

They have a product that will work with either QBO or QBD.

https://www.transactionpro.com/?gad=1

JessicaSmith

That's intriguing thank you. Almost tempting to abandon the export function from ServiceTitan and just use that... there are so many things that just don't import to QBO correctly.

joh5020
New Contributor

I export the timesheets from ServiceTitan into an Excel file. I created an Excel macro that takes the export file and reformats it into the format that is in the video that Jessica referenced above. 

I decreased the time to input timesheets into the QuickBooks format from several hours to a few seconds.

do you use QB online?

Desktop

JessicaSmith

I no longer use Quickbooks Desktop, but when I did, I followed this video to import my hours weekly. I had to make a very specific timesheet report and copy it into a template each week, but it really did save a lot of time. The set up is cumbersome and you have to follow it to a T- but once I got it set up it was awesome!

https://youtu.be/dumK2JOQEzE