Tracking Commissions

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
We have a Sales Person who gets commissioned on certain accounts what would be the best way to track that in service titan?
 (copy+paste from FB Masterminds but sharing on here)
Sheena @ NiFT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
Task code level would be ideal, depends if you are booking them on a call to the said account.
Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sjaeger
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

On the residential side, we use the Sold By Tech to pay out commissions.

On the commercial side, we use tags.  "John Doe Account"

Both are easy reports to run.

rstare

Hey @Sheena_Palacios! When you say "commissioned on certain accounts" do you mean there are specific customers (I'm guessing commercial by the verbiage) that the salesperson gets different commission rates on when making sales to?

AmberC
Contributor II

@Sheena_Palacios I was playing around in Custom Reports to see if there's a way to build/run a report at the task level but couldn't find one. Let us know if you figure out a way!

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @AmberC , you should be able to find task codes on the report template that is called "invoice items." ; )

Reports>Templates>on the dropdown you will check the box called "Invoice Items"

Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

AdamCronenberg

Configurable payroll will allow you to track this in several different ways.  You can set up different payroll profiles for almost any situation you can imagine, where it is a pay based on a certain job type or task specific pay that would apply only to that one payroll profile and not everyone in the company.  

Element Mist

Sheena_Palacios

Thanks, @AdamCronenberg  I agree. This particular customer did not have CP configured (yet ;))

Sheena @ NiFT

AdamCronenberg

There are some ways they could do it without CP but obviously would depend on what they are trying to achieve.  From your previous post, it sounds like they are trying to have specific task based pay for this 1 sales person versus setting it up for everyone.  They could always run a custom report to isolate the information that they need and then dump that into an imported payroll adjustment to add that pay for that 1 sales person and not have it apply across the board for everyone.  This is how I used to run payroll with the legacy payroll system before configurable payroll came out.

Element Mist

Sheena_Palacios
Task code level would be ideal, depends if you are booking them on a call to the said account.
Sheena @ NiFT