Auto Refunds not Working

johnsond
New Contributor III

Tried to process a refund yesterday and I am getting an error. The error states that I am trying refund more than what was originally charged, but ST is calculating the refund amount based off the parameters I select. I tried processing via the line item, a percentage and a pre- tax amount and all of them are over calculating the refund causing it to throw an error and not process my refund.  Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix?

Pre Tax Refund.png100% Refund.pngFull Refund.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, make sure that both Taxable and Allow Discounts are unchecked.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Roman
Contributor II

@johnsond 

Can you please also navigate to Pricebook -> Services -> Find the Refund task -> Edit and ensure that "Taxable" is checked off. Also would suggest the same to uncheck if you have "Allow Discounts" on. Please save and try one more time.

johnsond
New Contributor III

By checked off, do you mean checked or unchecked? Im assuming checked, but just want to make sure. I checked it and taxable was checked.  We have used the auto refunds in the past and they have worked properly, just not sure what's going on with this one. 

Yes, make sure that both Taxable and Allow Discounts are unchecked.

johnsond
New Contributor III

Not sure why auto refunds have worked in the past, but once I unchecked those two items, the refund went through. Thanks!

Perfect! Looks like it might have been accidentally marked as taxable. Making it taxable conflicts with the refund amount. 

Roman
Contributor II

Hello @johnsond,

Are you entering a dollar amount or percentage when processing the refund?

johnsond
New Contributor III

I have tried a Pre-tax dollar amount option, the percentage option and also the invoice item option. All of them give an error. 

@johnsond 

Can you please provide a screenshot from Refund Information screen before you click on Save?