Best Report for Texas Sales Tax

erinpbradley
Contributor

In Texas, we pay sales tax on a cash basis - meaning we only pay sales tax when it is collected, not when it is billed.

We usually use Quickbooks for all our sales tax reporting, but have been having terrible issues with our file. In the interim, we are having to report using ServiceTitan's numbers. 

The Tax Detail report *almost* works. It is defined as: Detail of all sales tax collected for all posted invoices by tax zone within a selected date range. This data is based on invoice dates. 

It shows all sales tax collected, but is based on invoice dates. I need this exact report but based on payment dates. 

The Tax Zone report shows a Tax Liability number at the bottom (which is what we ended up using to pay sales tax for this month!). But there is not detail report to back up this number in case we were to be audited.

What is everyone else using for Texas Sales Tax Detailed reports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We built that report using the Invoices report template!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

erinpbradley
Contributor

That's exactly what I need! Thank y'all so much! Are these custom reports?

I had reached out to support & CSM team and they said we would have to upgrade our package to be able to build custom reports. 

RandiThompson

Do you have the "Invoice Detail by Date" report? 

Randi Thompson

I do have that one! Just filtered it & it's looking good...I'm just curious. Since it is filtered by last paid date, I wonder if it reflects payments when a customer makes two payments on the same invoice within the period?

The tax total I'm seeing here doesn't match to the Tax Liability number servicetitan uses in the Tax Detail Report, but it's at least within $100! Much better than nothing.

pmora
New Contributor III

Check to see if you have this report and maybe it's got different/better info for you:

Payment Report with Customer Details

pmora
New Contributor III

Our "collections" report provides a Last Paid Date.  You can filter by that date.  I've made a screenshot so you can see as it allowed me to add the tax amount.  We pay use tax in Texas so I run several reports, but this should work for you.  I hope you can see that. Lol

pmora_0-1677595587971.png

RandiThompson

We built that report using the Invoices report template!

Randi Thompson

RandiThompson

@pmora I bet you have an answer to this one!! 

Randi Thompson