Credit Card Fees

cfalone
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

For anyone charging a credit card fee, I have a couple questions. 

1. Is the fee taxed? (same tax rules that apply to the invoice)

2. Is the credit card fee also added to the estimate? Part of our reconciling process is to ensure the estimate and invoice totals match (so the service sales and revenue numbers match). This would mess up our process so I'm wondering what you are doing? I dont think it should be on the estimate but then most of our estimates will be different than the invoices and create a lot more work while reconciling. 

2 REPLIES 2

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @cfalone, thanks for your posting, great questions! Let's ask one of our experienced ST experts @Sheena_Palacios. Sheena, have you worked with or have suggestions for using Credit Card Fees accurately?

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @LBabayan and @cfalone -- it depends on what your state regulations are for adding surcharges, I think there's 10 states that prohibit this currently, one being Florida, which is why I've not come across this issue. When it comes to adding it to the estimate, maybe you can just add it as a material or service task from your pb so it matches the invoice. This is not something I've had to deal with so I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance here. 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT