Is it possible to export patial payments before exporting invoice?

Mantaya
New Contributor II

In our business operations, we often encounter situations where partial payments are received from customers before the final invoice is generated. This occurs for various reasons, such as phased project completions or partial payments made in advance. 

To streamline our accounting processes, it would be immensely beneficial if we could export partial payments separately before exporting the final invoice. 

I wanted to inquire whether ServiceTitan provides the capability to export partial payments before exporting invoices. If so, could you kindly provide guidance on how to access and utilize this feature within the platform?

Additionally, if there are any specific steps or best practices for managing partial payments within ServiceTitan, I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Your assistance in clarifying this function

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

We do it everyday. Customers make payments on bigger jobs or down payments on them. We just export that payment over to Quick Books then when the invoice gets exported it gets applied to it. No issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Martinlogan9
New Contributor III

I am not entirely sure if ServiceTitan provides the capability to export partial payments. 

An idea that could possibly help: Could you receive a payment, and just make it a credit on the customer's account? Then when you have the full invoice ready, you can apply it to that. 

Our you could make the job a project, and do progress billing too. 

Are you exporting to Quickbooks online? 

That's interesting and good idea 

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

We do it everyday. Customers make payments on bigger jobs or down payments on them. We just export that payment over to Quick Books then when the invoice gets exported it gets applied to it. No issues.

Mantaya
New Contributor II

Thank you