PO workflow

kaltec
New Contributor

I am confused about the Bill that are created with PO. After I create a P.O. I  receive it, I then create a receipt , then finally a bill.  Then this is where I get stuck.  What do I do with the bills, I have over 800 and I can’t do anything with them, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I think it depends on how your configured BUT we reconcile then export the bills to QB, then pay our vendors out of QB. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RandiThompson

I think it depends on how your configured BUT we reconcile then export the bills to QB, then pay our vendors out of QB. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I used to export all my POs to QBO a few years ago and then they made huge change to the way POs end up in QBO so I abandoned that workflow - I've just been "receiving" the POs that are ready to reconcile in QBO and then adding those PO#s to the expenses to cross reference.  Now I'm considering revisiting a workflow that involves exporting the POs.  The issue is, we don't have a dedicated Accounts Payable person so we pay 90% of our expenses via credit card (all the employees have credit cards) so it makes accounts payable a breeze - I only end up paying maybe 10 vendors via ACH a month.  However, now that we have a part time bookkeeper I want to be able to export the POs that are ready to reconcile in QBO to let her know which POs can be "added/matched" in QBO.  (Thus far, I've been simply sending her a report that contains these PO#s and the info she needs for the Vendor, Acct and Class.)  But if I export the bills, it will appear as if we owe them in QBO - but they've already been paid, which means she would have to mark them as paid?  I'm not sure how that would work.  I'm wondering what the best practice would be for us.