GHG ending 2024

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hello!

I am located in ON and work with a HVAC company. For us, the GHG has been SUPER popular and is the majority of our installs! We have been informed that it is set to end in March 2024. Is anyone else worried that this may cause a surge in installations until then as people try to have theirs completed before this deadline and then after March a crash will occur? What is everyone's plan to help with this? 

Currently, we are swamped with installs and are booking installs quite a ways out! The GHG has been great and we have been installing a lot of heat pumps. We are sad to see this ending. There is rumour that maybe it will become a provincial grant instead but we will see. 

I'm curious to hear everyone else's thoughts on this!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
2 REPLIES 2

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Oh no, I didn't hear that it was ending!  (Drives me nuts that news links are not on social media anymore...)

We typically slump in February/March depending on the weather so that could be good or bad with it ending.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Yes - I also feel out of the loop without the news on social media as I do not have have cable at home and don't watch the news so this was my main source of info! 

Last year Feb/Mar was slower for us as well. So I am curious how this will effect us in 2024. 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling