CUSTOMER NOTIFICATIONS - EMAILS VS TEXTS - SOME CUSTOMERS DON'T WANT BOTH -NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION

sunshine207
Contributor

How can we split these two Email notifications and Texts/Dispatch notifications?

In our previous software, we were able to choose which notifications the customer gets.

For example, they may only want the appointment  notifications via email while others may want the text/dispatch notifications and others may want everything. 

Especially if you're dealing with property managers, key holders, et. etc.......

Can Service Titan please add this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @sunshine207 -- currently the notification type give the option for either text, email, or both, and on each customer record there is an option to enable/disable text notifications on email and text levels. Do any of these items work for what you're trying to accomplish? If not, sounds like something for the ideas page

customer notification typescustomer notification types

notification options on customer recordnotification options on customer record

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @sunshine207 -- currently the notification type give the option for either text, email, or both, and on each customer record there is an option to enable/disable text notifications on email and text levels. Do any of these items work for what you're trying to accomplish? If not, sounds like something for the ideas page

customer notification typescustomer notification types

notification options on customer recordnotification options on customer record

Sheena @ NiFT

Unfortunately, it does not not solve the problem. We need to be able to select which contacts get the appointment notifications vs the dispatch notifications. Our other software, not as robust if you will, could do this. 

Unfortunately, it does not not solve the problem. We need to be able to select which contacts get the appointment notifications vs the dispatch notifications. Our other software, not as robust if you will, could do this. 

Unfortunately, it does not not solve the problem. We need to be able to select which contacts get the appointment notifications vs the dispatch notifications. Our other software, not as robust if you will, could do this. 😞 

Unfortunately, it does not not solve the problem. We need to be able to select which contacts get the appointment notifications vs the dispatch notifications. Our other software, not as robust if you will, could do this. 😕 

I was coming here to comment the exact same thing. When you go to edit the customer you can select how they would like to receive their job notifications as well as their invoices. This can determine if they receive them via text or email.

Currently, I don't believe you can select which notifications they receive and which ones they do not. For example, if they want job confirmations but do not want dispatch notifications, this is not an option that I am aware of. The only work around I can consider is turning job notifications on/off at select times so they receive the notifications they want but not the others however, this is time consuming and you may forget. If this is what you are looking for, I do recommend adding it to the Ideas page. 

I hope this helps!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

Exactly! 😉 

BayleeR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Great request! I would suggest that you add this to the ideas and we can add our votes to it to help make sure it happens! 

let me know if you add it and I’ll be sure and add a vote to it! 

added!