I am looking for the best way to keep track of customers and follow up with them. The customer is waiting on parts or is purchasing something for us to install. They are supposed to call us to reschedule. I don't want to rely on the customer to call me.

jppage1
New Contributor II

5 REPLIES 5

tracy_c
New Contributor II

I usually book an appointment for 2 weeks out but do not assign a tech to it.  I then use tags like "waiting on parts" then I just have to check the unassigned tab and there they are all.  I always book thru the estimate if the customer signed it.   When the part comes in I assign it to a tech. Easy peasy and no missed customers. 

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We have a job type that is PC2S (please call to schedule) we have the customer communications turned off so the when we book a job it doesn't send a booking confirmation, then book the job for the date we need to follow up.

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

jppage1
New Contributor II

I have been using the hold and pause features. I then go into them every day and make my notes as to why they are there. It is working for me.

plittlet
New Contributor

I would go ahead and put the ticket in, no not assign a technician. Schedule it for a week away or on Monday's and it will be on the bottom in the job tray in the follow ups. Open it call and if the part is still not here, move the date to the following Monday and so on till it is schedule.

tyebliss
New Contributor

We have been using the "Task Management" section to create follow up tasks for customers. If you find a more convenient way to do so please share.