New Customers being defaulted to Non-Taxable

thogan
New Contributor III

A few members of my office staff alerted me that this morning (5/5/22) Each new customer that called in and was booked was being defaulted to a Non-Taxable customer status. Did something change, and is there a way to revert this setting? The change seems to have affected both of the 2 companies we have on Service Titan.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are new commercial customers being marked tax-exempt as well? There is a back-end feature: "When creating a new customer all residential customers will default to tax-exempt while Commercial customers will be set as taxable. (Common for Texas)"

View solution in original post

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There was an error where that back-end feature got toggled for multiple accounts accidentally. It should now be reverted. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

kd3004
New Contributor II

EVERY new customer we create is being marked tax exempt. Had an online booking do it as well. Of course we are a franchise and our ST chat/email support is closed today as I guess they are in TX and Cinco de Mayo is a holiday Help!!!TESTCUST.png

amberjm
New Contributor

The same thing happened with us and we had to fix on our own! 

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi, So I am not 100% sure on this topic but I think this has something to do with your tax zones (Settings -> Tax Zones) and how they are setup. I think what you could do if you don't want to deal with tax in ST you could just set everything to 0%? I am not a tax expert nor do I claim to be but this could be the issue if you don't have you tax zones setup properly, I have LINKED an article from the knowledge base describing what I am talking about.

If this helped please leave a kudo below!

thogan
New Contributor III

Thanks for also posting about this. I posted the same issue under "call booking" as that is where my staff is seeing it occur.

kd3004
New Contributor II

That's where I noticed it but felt as though it may be an accounting error so...

jaym_hal
New Contributor

We are receiving this as well--just started today to my knowledge.

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are new commercial customers being marked tax-exempt as well? There is a back-end feature: "When creating a new customer all residential customers will default to tax-exempt while Commercial customers will be set as taxable. (Common for Texas)"

hsilveira
New Contributor

We are in Texas and attempting to figure out how to back door this feature so that anytime we enter in a new residential customer, it automatically defaults them to non-taxable. How do you go about that?

JessicaSmith

I haven't had any new commercial customers created today so I can't confirm. But I can confirm it's happening in all of my tenants.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions