Sending messages via dispatch

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hi fellow ST community members!

I was watching a webinar today and in it they suggested ways to help maintain a happy and positive work environment. One company mentioned they send daily jokes/memes in messages via the dispatch board. This way everyone was included and the techs could participate in it too, not just the office staff. Even if you have a tough customer or a long day during busy season, it gives you something to laugh about. I loved this idea and wanted to start implementing it today. However, I noticed that it would only allow me to add text to a dispatch message. I didn't see an option for adding an attachment/file such as a photo/meme. Is there a way this is possible or is it something I should post in the ideas section? Thanks for any help you can offer! 🙂

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
4 REPLIES 4

MaceeJ_Dispatch
New Contributor II

We use slack & every morning I post a motivational quote with a good morning message & have recently started using polls for just random funny questions or jokes. The technicians all seem to enjoy it. 

Is Slack an app or a website and how does it work? Are the polls on Slack? Thank you for sharing!!

Khiana Klatt

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You can post it in ideas, but it's really not a great place to do that in my opinion. At my current company we use Google chat for this. At my last company we used Slack.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Hi Jessica,

Sorry - I didn't mean to post the jokes in the ideas section but to post the idea of being able to add attachments to dispatch messages to the ideas page.

I don't have experience with Google chat or with Slack but this is great to know. Thank you!!

Khiana Klatt