Text Feature Pop-Up Gets Annoying

DaveJonesInc
New Contributor

We recently installed the text to chat feature on our website. Every time you click on a new page, it pops up in your face and you have to cancel out to continue. For someone visiting one page of our site that's fine, but if someone visits more than one (which we want) it gets annoying fast. We do not want a reputation of being annoying. Is there a way to program the pop-up to expand just once per session? By expand, I mean open to the full chat box. We want to continue having the small icon in the corner for the customer to access if/when they need to. 

I have a pop-up maker on my website that uses a cookie so my message is only displayed once per session, There has to be a way to program this in the same way. Please advise. 

4 REPLIES 4

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Some of our clients have the same feedback. I've added this to the Ideas board - you can search for it and upvote by looking for COMMUNITY-I-802

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Could you add a direct link by doing "https://servicetitan-community.ideas.aha.io/ideas/" + "COMMUNITY-I-802" or "https://servicetitan-community.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-802" so it is easier... it just makes more sense, unless ST community has something against linking specific things?

PamDuffy-PCG

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely link directly from now on, now that I know how to create the idea-specific link. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

wch_alex

That is a great idea into solving this puzzle! We here had it enabled but ultimately ended up disabling it because it made our website look back because we could scale down the size of the chat feature. I think it should be possible to only have the chat to text feature enabled to popup once but I am not sure, I would have to look at the code again because I think it does pull some JS from some external sources. I think it would have to be a full on keep or disable depending on how often they visit the site which isn't exactly ideal...