Contact Method Required

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

I personally do not like having to have a contact method required. On our locations, sometimes we do not have a contact method. On rental properties, we do not like to put the owner's number on the location and we do not always have the tenant's number or it may be vacant. If anything, make it "required" on the Customer Page but not on the Location Page since that is where the billing happens.

I have added it to the Ideas Page if you might want to vote for it. COMMUNITY-I-5192

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You can turn on and off the required phone/email in Feature Configurations! Talk to your CSM if you don't have Feature Configurations available in settings.

JessicaSmith_0-1698363435413.png

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all of the feedback. I will have to check it out. Right now, I cannot delete both the phone and email. 1 has to stay. I want it to have to stay in the customer area, but not the location. Hopefully changing the settings will not make that change for both. Thanks again.

Miranda

@S-B Here is some feedback related to our meeting yesterday!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

JessicaSmith

You can turn on and off the required phone/email in Feature Configurations! Talk to your CSM if you don't have Feature Configurations available in settings.

JessicaSmith_0-1698363435413.png

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

Okay learned something new today about this!  Thanks, Jessica!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

alliefischer

When we're creating a new customer/location, the contact method is not mandatory/required. You should be able to create the location and delete phone number/email address fields. Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 4.27.28 PM.jpeg

MirandaMel

Not sure if you know, but the email address can be made to be not required.  Unfortunately not the phone number.  I would love the ability to make them required or not...with maybe a checkbox for "does not have email" or "phone number not required".  Voted!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning