Merging locations

LD22
New Contributor III

Hi Guys! Does anyone have any tips on how to easier merge locations? Thank you! 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This one always sounds harder when you spell it all out vs doing it but there are few scenarios

1. Randi Thompson (existing customer and location) sold location 101 Dummy Lane to a new Customer John Smith for this scenario I would create the John Smith customer with 101 Dummy Lane which will automatically create a new location, I deactivate that location, go into the 101 Dummy ln that is under Randi and edit the customer to John Smith and update the contact info to Johns info. done

2. Duplicate locations and customers by accident> settings>merge customer>select the 2 to merge together then settings>merge locations> select the 2 and merge

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

megancargill
New Contributor II

So I have had to get super familiar with this feature because of multiple data sources being imported. Here is a couple of my crucial game changers!

You can only merge locations if they are under the same customer. If you need to move a location from one customer to another for any reason you can edit the customer in the location page and it moves it for you. Make sure it maps with QB if your using QB though! 

Second, I write INACTIVE and another coworker uses DUP at the end of the locations (or customer duplicates). So when you are going to merge you know which to keep and which needs to be merged into the correct location.

Lastly, I use CTRL+F (to find) when I am looking through our extensive list of locations. This will highlight any of the text you enter into the CTRL+F flyout. This will tremendously expedite your search processes on larger accounts and make your merging WAY faster.

Happy merging 😃

View solution in original post

megancargill
New Contributor II
8 REPLIES 8

megancargill
New Contributor II

So I have had to get super familiar with this feature because of multiple data sources being imported. Here is a couple of my crucial game changers!

You can only merge locations if they are under the same customer. If you need to move a location from one customer to another for any reason you can edit the customer in the location page and it moves it for you. Make sure it maps with QB if your using QB though! 

Second, I write INACTIVE and another coworker uses DUP at the end of the locations (or customer duplicates). So when you are going to merge you know which to keep and which needs to be merged into the correct location.

Lastly, I use CTRL+F (to find) when I am looking through our extensive list of locations. This will highlight any of the text you enter into the CTRL+F flyout. This will tremendously expedite your search processes on larger accounts and make your merging WAY faster.

Happy merging 😃

LD22
New Contributor III

Awesome, I will  give this a shot. Thank you so much! 

megancargill
New Contributor II

Your welcome!

RandiThompson

This one always sounds harder when you spell it all out vs doing it but there are few scenarios

1. Randi Thompson (existing customer and location) sold location 101 Dummy Lane to a new Customer John Smith for this scenario I would create the John Smith customer with 101 Dummy Lane which will automatically create a new location, I deactivate that location, go into the 101 Dummy ln that is under Randi and edit the customer to John Smith and update the contact info to Johns info. done

2. Duplicate locations and customers by accident> settings>merge customer>select the 2 to merge together then settings>merge locations> select the 2 and merge

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

LD22
New Contributor III

Thank you so much! 

MirandaMel

We merge the customer first, then the location.  We use an * to mark which customer to keep and also do the same on the location.  After that is done, we remove the *.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

LD22
New Contributor III

Great tip! Thank you! 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

YES definitely add something to easily differentiate between which customer/location to keep and which one to merge. Such a helpful tip!!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling