Notification of when a truck changed on tech

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well!!!

COMMUNITY-I-2134

We have a lot of trucks, and so this may be a bigger problem for us than most shops but we harp on our area managers to make sure that if they hand the keys to a technician to a new truck, they immediately go into the system and change the truck that the tech is assigned to.  I have seen some things that hopefully in the future can have AI recognize the driver in the vehicle and auto change, but that seems like a long ways off an not in the initial FleetPro launch.  This is a huge pain point for us where techs change trucks and the manager "forgets" to go an update it in ST.  This completely screws up their inventory and is a nightmare to go back and reconstruct, especially if not caught for a week or 2.  We typically figure it out after a week or 2 when guys complain that their replenishment PO doesnt match what the tablet is showing them.  It would be really nice if every day the techs had to log what truck they are in before arriving to their first job of the day.  if there is a change in what the tech selected, it would be nice to alert someone so they can check and make sure the tech didnt fat finger the selection of the truck they are in and confirm that a change did indeed occur.  I cannot tell you how much headache a simple feature like this with the techs selecting it each morning would solve.

Element Mist
4 REPLIES 4

RandiThompson

I'm still waiting on my Azuga to connect to the ST beta integration. Hoping this will solve some of our issues as well! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

reneem

Azuga is going to be a game changer, even though I love our current GPS company. We started keeping keys in one persons office. 

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

AdamCronenberg

Yes, me too!  Very excited to see how Fleet Pro works.  I talked heavily to the Azuga rep at vertical track and excited to see this going as we are just waiting for the Beta to start!!

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

I'm really hoping Fleet Pro will solve a lot of my truck worries. We signed up for Azuga in anticipation!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions