Combining Sold Jobs into Existing Job

robert18
New Contributor II

I'm having trouble finding what ST considers the "trigger" to allow estimates to be added to existing jobs, versus only being able to be booked as New Jobs.

We have a department that sometimes has to go back and sell new estimates on a job contingent on if certain tests pass or fail for a customer. What's the best practice to be able to add  these to the original jobs where the tests were performed on, as the new estimates are technically now just a continuation of this job that we don't know will be needed before hand.

Also currently, the new estimate that was written can be added to an existing job, but the job it needs to go on is not available to be selected.  Can job assignment options be opened up more in the opportunity page to allow more freely assigning estimates to jobs.

Or again, to circle back to start, can someone explain what the criteria are for ST to decide if a job is able to be combing with new estimates so we can make sure those triggers are hit more accurately?

5 REPLIES 5

lbrewste
New Contributor III

Gosh! As a power user I am just as frustrated by this as you (talked to support this morning, still no fix expect the work around that takes triple the time). Vote for my community improvement idea here ! 

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-781

reneem
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If I understand your question right, the only way an estimate from one job can go to another job (where you see that "attach to existing job" is if they are on the same project. If they are not on the same project, then you would have to combine the job that has the estimate, and the job that you want the estimate to go on in order to connect them seamlessly without having to duplicate the estimate. 

Tip from someone who has had to do this a bunch: once a project is created you can't "uncreate" a project. And once a project is created it has to have at least one job on it. So if you are trying to move a job that is in a project by itself, what I do is add a super old job that is by itself, to the project with the one job (this way it doesnt effect any new data). Then you can detach the job that you need to detach and be able to attach it to the correct project with the estimate you want to add. I hope that wasn't confusing (hard to type out the visual part of that!).

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

DiamondK1
Contributor

A technician can sell an estimate and add it to the same job; someone in the office cannot.

From the office side we can sell an estimate and book a new job for the work to be completed OR if the job/estimate is part of a project already you can sell the estimate to a pre-existing job in the same project.

Kristen Johnson - Office Manager - Diamond Heating Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

JessicaSmith

The job you are trying to book the sold estimate onto has to have the same SOLD BY as the estimate. That one was tricky for me!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

RandiThompson

From the office side we can not add estimate items to an "in progress" or "completed" job, that can only be done when the tech hits "perform work now". You can create a new job in the same project, would that work?

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating