Job without Managed Technician Time - Is it possible??

kmcgovernkrs
New Contributor

Hi! We have many instances where, on some of our smaller jobs, we sub them out and simply mark up that vendor bill, and so we do not have any managed technician time on the job. I cannot find a way to process this in service titan. I looked at using the POS, but we need to be able to have a purchase order for the vendor time associated to job cost that job.

Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing? Or even another work around that may give us this functionality?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4

gotobrandi
Contributor II

Hello,

We have ran into similar issues due to managed tech, closing out jobs etc. It can be frustrating. We have done similar as others and have one 'dummy tech' 

kmcgovernkrs
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback Randi!

Procedure wise, can you tell me if this makes sense...

Step 1, book the job and send the purchase order to the subcontractor with the estimated date it should be completed. Step 2, when job is completed, attach pictures, notes, etc. and manually dispatch, arrive, and then "complete" job. Step 3, bill invoice based on normal process.

Am I missing anything in there?

Thanks again for your comments!

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

That's exactly what we do! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

RandiThompson

We have "dummy" tech that is managed, we assign, dispatch and complete the job on the dummy tech. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating