Pause feature on jobs

transfor
New Contributor

So i learned today that there is a limit of 5 paused jobs on the techs schedule.  My guys use the paused jobs as a reminder that they are waiting on things for those jobs.  They were wondering if there was a way that they could be allowed to see all of the paused jobs.  It is nicer than scheduling multiple appointments since we don't always know when pricing will come back or orders will come in.  They like the visual reminder that the job still has something pending

8 REPLIES 8

JBarrett1
New Contributor III

Could you not pull a report on all your paused jobs? 

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Is the technician the one getting the pricing, waiting for all the parts or orders to come in and then scheduling?  Almost every shop I have encountered has that as an office function, or if it is a small shop, the "Technician" doing this will also have an office login.  This is much easier and follows the suggested proper work flows from the office side.  You mention a couple of use cases here and depending on the scenario, there are best practices work flows.  

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

For waiting on pricing to come in on an estimate, they should still complete the job but they can build a place holder estimate to not lose sight of that job in their followup on mobile and then can edit/build or even add additional estimates and then send to the customer.  This will help you have much more accurate close numbers and not get your dispatch board littered with paused jobs and allow you to recognize revenue on any work that may have gotten done and installed that day while you wait for a "price on a special order part"

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

For waiting on a part to come in, they should create the estimate and sell the estimate and then hit perform work later.  The office can order the part and create a PO on the job for it.  You can convert that sold estimate into a new job within the project.  We then utilize custom fields on the new install job to help us keep track of orders.  We currently have 2,000 door installs on hold as we wait for the order to come in from our vendor and we created a custom field for the beginning, middle and end of each month.  When we get the ETA back from the vendor, we update that custom field on the install job.  The nice part about custom fields is that they are searchable so at this point, I am looking at all orders due by End of October and calling vendors to see where any open ones are and alerting the customers in advance of the delay.  This process greatly reduced customer service issues as we fought through the very difficult supply chain issues in the garage door industry.  We also have a custom field called waiting for ETA and that is what the Install Coordinator selects when they book the sold estimate and put the install job on hold.  This allows us to search for those jobs too and make sure our vendors are getting back to us with ETAs.  You dont want to find out 4 months later when a customer calls in pissed asking where there door is that the vendor "never saw the order" .  

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Having systems in place like these that allow you to use the proper work flows of Service Titan will have huge impacts versus trying to put a work around in place of paused jobs.  Hope that helped and sorry for the very long winded responses but I know how much of a struggle this was for us until we figured out how to use the software as ended.  Custom Fields is really powerful and I dont feel like people are aware or use it enough.  

Element Mist

reneem

Since that is not the intended purpose of Pause, i dont think you will be able to get a work around on that. The best practice would be to book another appointment on hold since you are waiting on something and let that current appointment be completed. Pause really is for if you need to leave the job and come right back (same day normally). Then the office can follow up with hold appointments. BUT that doesnt mean you can't put an idea in Community! If you make it, let me know the ID and i will vote for you!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

JessicaSmith

Pause should really only be used if they are returning to the job same day. Other options are to request another appointment or put the job on hold. Using pause as a reminder is not the intended use.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

They could start an estimate and then log a follow up with a reminder set?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions