Earning reviews

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Our HVAC company is located in Canada. Currently for reviews, our main focus is on gaining Google Reviews. However, I have observed that we do not have many reviews on Facebook. Do other companies find Facebook reviews helpful/important? Do many customers look at Facebook reviews? And what are some ways we could gain more Facebook reviews for our company?

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HeatherSadorf
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @KhianaKlatt, I'm happy to hop in here! Kudos on making sure you are getting plenty of Google reviews, that is usually the first place people look when they are vetting a company. However, Facebook reviews are also important. Many times potential customers will check a company's Facebook page to determine authenticity and check user generated content on the page. If you are actively advertising online, I would also make sure that you have some reviews on Angi, Nextdoor and Yelp. Depending on where the customer started their search, you don't want your competition to outshine you online and lose the job.

There are several ways you can go about this. If you have the Marketing suite in ServiceTitan with the Reputation package you can automatically send out emails and/or text messages after jobs are marked as completed. Some companies using other third parties for gaining reviews switch through the different review options to increase reviews where most needed; the tools with the most success are ones that technicians can access on their tablets/phones while on the job and send the customer a text requesting the review before leaving the site. I also have a few clients where their strategy includes following up with all completed jobs via email (and sometimes mentioned by the technician) that you can get $25 off your invoice if you post a review on 3 different platforms and show the proof of all three reviews via email response. This has a pretty high success rate. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BayleeR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Khiana, 

When we complete a job at our company, within a week we send out a request fro them to review us and this gives them the option to give both a Google and Facebook review. I know I am personally someone who tends to search up the Google reviews first, but for companies that have a very visible social media presence Facebook reviews certainly come in handy for those not wanting to leave the social media profile to do deeper digging. I think its just a matter of where most of your customers are. For our demographic we need a little bit of both Google and Facebook. We have many young customers who would be searching via Facebook and a large section of middle age that would be using Google to find us. Hope this helps 😁

LBabayan

Hi @KhianaKlatt thanks for your post. Let's see if one of our experts @HeatherSadorf  can help you with this. Heather,  do you have an experience with Facebook reviews or maybe you have any tips to gain more Facebook reviews? Your feedback is much appreciated.

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thank you so much for connecting me with an expert! I look forward to hearing from @HeatherSadorf  🙂

Khiana Klatt

HeatherSadorf

Hi @KhianaKlatt, I'm happy to hop in here! Kudos on making sure you are getting plenty of Google reviews, that is usually the first place people look when they are vetting a company. However, Facebook reviews are also important. Many times potential customers will check a company's Facebook page to determine authenticity and check user generated content on the page. If you are actively advertising online, I would also make sure that you have some reviews on Angi, Nextdoor and Yelp. Depending on where the customer started their search, you don't want your competition to outshine you online and lose the job.

There are several ways you can go about this. If you have the Marketing suite in ServiceTitan with the Reputation package you can automatically send out emails and/or text messages after jobs are marked as completed. Some companies using other third parties for gaining reviews switch through the different review options to increase reviews where most needed; the tools with the most success are ones that technicians can access on their tablets/phones while on the job and send the customer a text requesting the review before leaving the site. I also have a few clients where their strategy includes following up with all completed jobs via email (and sometimes mentioned by the technician) that you can get $25 off your invoice if you post a review on 3 different platforms and show the proof of all three reviews via email response. This has a pretty high success rate. 

I hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for sharing so many wonderful ideas! I will take your ideas to our marketing team. I appreciate your time and advice!!

Khiana Klatt