Headhunters?

HBromberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hello,

Like many other companies we are struggling to get qualified applicants to apply for our open job postings.  We even have adds rotating on electronic billboards thoughout the town.

Has anyone had any success with headhunters, perhaps targeting out of town applicants willing to make a move?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

HBromberg

Thanks to all.  We definitley plan on building our own techs and once we build our new facility we will have dedicated training rooms and scenarios.  In the meantime, we are busier than we can handle.  Since we live in an area that many people from the north and mid-west move to, we were looking for a way to recruit out of state.

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Definitely agree with @Sheena_Palacios and @JessicaSmith here! I encourage employers to have a career path laid out so applicants can see what their future may look like at your company. This also shows them you invest in your team and value your employees. Developing a training program is another powerful way to find great people as it allows you to focus on hiring for character rather than experience. Skills you can teach, so look for the personality traits and attitudes needed for these roles. Outgoing team players with growth mindsets are almost always a good choice, and you may find them in unexpected places!

LBabayan

Hi @HBromberg and thanks for bringing this interesting topic to our attention!

Let's see how some of our experts typically handle this situation 🙂 @Sheena_Palacios  @Rachel_Young  @JessicaSmith your expertise is much needed here!

Sheena_Palacios

Thanks for tag @LBabayan! Hi @HBromberg -- I have worked with companies that have done out-of-state hiring where the cost to move was covered. Many times it's a more difficult transition and you really have to have a shared mission along with the opportunity for growth, that being said, it depends on the role you're hiring for. You can likely land a c-level employee but if you're looking for technicians, I recommend joining local trades chapters or partake in a program where your future techs are (high school or vocational school). When it comes to techs, I've witnessed the most success out of training from ground up.

When it comes to incentivizing, I would offer a referral fee to your existing employees who bring in any new hires (be sure to have a length of employment). Your best advocates will be your existing employees. Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

JessicaSmith

Sheena with the winning answer! I've also had the most luck building techs from the ground up!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions