Technician permissions

jasonhoe
New Contributor II

We are needing our technicians to have access to our customers info/history, pricebook pricing and pictures from previous jobs without having to book a job. Is there something on the mobile permissions that we can allow that? Most of the time they need to access to this info, not just our office personnel.

8 REPLIES 8

jasonhoe
New Contributor II

Thank you. This will work great.

corinneb1
New Contributor II

They can access the pricebook when not on a job if they use the Manual Invoice under their profile.  This opens a blank invoice and they can then see the Invoice and Materials. 

Manual Invoice.jpg

jasonhoe
New Contributor II

Agree with doing a diagnostic first. But we want our techs to have access to customer info and pricebook without looking at a previous estimate or booking a job. I take it that feature is not available yet.

jasonhoe
New Contributor II

Thanks, I checked and we have that View History tab on. Like you mentioned, it just shows info once a job is booked and the tech is in it. They also need to have access to our pricebook without booking a call. Many times a customer will call in and ask how much something may be, they need to be able to get into it from the mobile app. Our techs are on call and they need access to info since the office is closed and no one is there to get on the office side for info. Hope this makes sense. Sounds like something Service Titan needs to add to the mobile. But with an option to turn off if the management do not want their techs with access to that info. 

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Just FYI, if you have mobile followup enabled, they can go to any estimate they have, and get into the pricebook that way.  The feature allows them to build or modify estimates they have left in the past.  This will allow them access to answer the question of how much does this cost without booking a call and let the Tech see the pricebook. 

That being said, apart from the technology piece of accessing the pricebook, I would work on training your tech (or CSR) about getting out in person to give an accurate estimate or at least approved ranges for price questions.  Most of the larger shops and best practices groups do not advise giving a price over the phone, and I whole heartedly agree.  You dont want to put yourself in a situation where you tell the customer it is going to be $500, but then when you get there and realize it is more work and going to cost $1,000 to fix.  Customers will get angry and accuse of bait and switch even though they may not have giving you all the information you need to accurately bid the job over the phone.  Best practice is to promote your dispatch or service fee (or free estimate) and get out there and once you can test all the equipment and lay eyes on the work need, give them a detailed estimate and stick to it.  It is better for the customer, better for the company, and in my opinion, a more transparent and honest way of doing business.  That being said, I hope that trick of looking at the follow-up tab helps answer your technical question of getting the technician access to the pricebook in mobile without booking a call.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

This is a feature already within Service Titan, you would just need to set it up either on a global level for your technicians by role or on an individual level.  Basically, you need to set the permission to View History Tab.  You have additional filters for how far back you want technicians to have access to as well.  Additionally, it has been a long time since I have been on mobile, but I thought within mobile you could always see the history for the customer you are currently working on, including past estimates, notes, jobs, etc.  The tech had to be currently working on the job to access this information on the customer and then once the job was closed could no longer see this historical information.  I thought this ability was separate from the history tab but that may have changed over the years. Hope this helps.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

View History Tab Permission.PNG

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

History Tab Filters.PNG

Element Mist