Using the existing equipment tab to the fullest.

Jerodb
New Contributor III

Good day! 

I have been seeing an issue with the equipment tab where I believe things could be much better for the field techs and it could potentially help with sales and organization of the customer’s equipment. Currently on the equipment tab you can add new equipment and delete old equipment. How ever I feel like this portion of ST is broken. If we could add repairs made to the equipment this would help the organization of a multi unit property to organize repairs and clarify which unit was repaired. I know most techs won’t be able to pick this up without training, however it can be a very powerful tool for sales. I.E. Mrs. Smith has been using your company for 15 years, over this time frame it can show a rough cost for repairs and then present it to her. Showing you have spent xxx amount on the unit. With this new repair it will cost an additional xxx and I believe it’s time to replace it. Long story long here, does ST have that ability and my company doesn’t have it turned on or is this a subject for the ideas page? 

3 REPLIES 3

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Any time a technician makes a repair , they can attach the equipment to such repair and build the equipment history of repairs so overtime you can show the customer the amount of repairs done so far to the same unit.

They need to hit the edit pencil on the task/service and select the equipment

Chayo80_2-1685025237796.png

Chayo80_0-1685024895427.png

Once it has been attached and if you go to the equipment side and click on the piece of equipment you can see the history

Chayo80_1-1685025009701.png

Now, on the history, unfortunately, it wont show you the total cost of repairs done to the equipment, that would be nice to have!!

Jerodb
New Contributor III

What I see in your post is back office. I'm referring to something that the technician drives forward. 

Chayo80

IMG_1802.jpeg

Tech on the mobile side can see the same, they have access to the history as long as the equipment is attached to the repair