Report for Labor Revenue Only by Technician

MemphisIce
New Contributor II

Is anyone aware of a way to report on revenue per technician but only for labor/service invoice items? 

I can't seem to find a way to have a report show the correct revenue per technician but filter it for pricebook category Service items or even by GL Account for us of "Labor Income"

We are implementing an incentive pay program but we only want to include labor/service revenue generated.

Thanks for any and all help! 

8 REPLIES 8

Cortney_SPUD
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

MemphisIce, have you tried a customer report starting with Techicians -> Invoice Items?  That path gives you a row for every invoice item, and you can use it in that raw form or group by the Sold By techician, Primary Technician, or whatever Tech indicator you choose.  It also allows you to choose columns like GL Account, Item Business Unit, and Category.  There are a LOT of item-specific fields in this option.

ReportingByItem.png

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. I have been able to generate a report similar to this. It gets me the numbers but it is a little clunky and long since it shows every invoice line item for the period instead of just a total. 

I have it grouped by technician so I can eventually collapse it down where I see the total by technician but it's still a little cumbersome. 

Cortney_SPUD

Since you've already created a report like this, you might already know this trick.  But just in case it helps...you can eliminate that cumbersom collapsing step by exporting the report and selecting the 'Export only aggregated data' checkbox.  That will give you an Excel file with one row (totals) per technician.

Export Aggregated Data.png

I had not figured that out yet, so thank you so much for pointing that out! It makes for a much easier read. 

jpovey
New Contributor III

I manage this by marking the pricebook items for labor as commissionable and there a few reports that allow me to see just commissionable revenue.

MemphisIce
New Contributor II

Thanks for responding. I haven't located any reports that offer commissionable revenue as a field yet. What reports or report groups offer that? 

LBabayan

Hi @MemphisIce

I believe running a custom report may be helpful. Just navigate to the Reports tab > Create Report > Sales, Opportunities & Revenue > Technician Performance > You will see "TECHNICIAN REVENUE KPIS" section in the Columns.  Attaching a screenshot as well. Hope this helps. 

MemphisIce
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response. Those reporting metrics are close. The only problem with those is that I can't narrow down the revenue to Service invoice items only as opposed to all revenue generated.