Bulk editing question & category issue.

jamied
Contributor

1 question and 1 suggestion in the post

Regarding bulk editing:

I'm looking for a way to bulk duplicate a large number of services and then I can append or prepend.  I'm duplicating our custom tasks section which has many tasks so that I can have one category for each trade rather than have them both be the same and in the same category. 

Is there a way to do that?  Thanks!

My suggestion is regarding editing categories:

It's great that we can drag and drop but not so great that any effort to reorder or reorganize the sub categories  results in a new subcategory.  I want / need to reorder subcategories but it always ends up as a subcategory of where ever you try to place it.  I've tried so many ways.... is there something I'm missing or does this go under " the little things that drive me crazy" classification?

Thanks, Jamie

2 REPLIES 2

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Question 1:

For some of the more massive or complex edits you can always download your Pricebook to make large changes. Some of the more simple changes like giving multiple items the same categories or whatever you might want to do are a little more straight forward and more user friendly.

I think you could technically duplicate all your items if you are able to locate them all within the same filter -> then click edit -> then you should be able to click the select all check box -> then be able to right click one of the services and hit duplicate? I wouldn't recommend doing this though because it could cause problems later down the line such as having to delete duplicate items that you didn't mean to duplicate. Just make sure you are certain you know what you are doing before doing any massive changes in Service Titan or in Excel as the consequences could be very bad. You could always keep a backup of your Pricebook before making these changes as well so if something goes wrong you can always backup to that point.

Let me know if you end up trying either of these methods and what the outcome is.

EDIT:

I would love to see what others do for their bulk editing!

JessicaSmith

I always export my pricebook and edit in Excel for large scale changes. This gives you the added benefit of being able to upload to NEXT first and make sure your changes don't cause any errors.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions