Phones Pro

Erpkmilliken
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hello Everyone!

We have a team of 5 CSR's and as we grow, we are looking for additional quality control for our team. We are looking into ST Phones Pro, but have seen mixed reviews. Our team is currently struggling with long hold times/not getting the correct information, as our reps are new to the team and are still learning.

Looking to get feedback from others who have used the software, and to see if there have been any technical hurdles such as using certain headsets or calls dropping. Additionally, would be interested to see what phone systems are in use with ST Phones Pro. 

TIA!

8 REPLIES 8

dbernstein
Former Titan

Hello! 

In terms of your consideration of Phones Pro, you are definitely on the right track. In addition to what the other commenters have suggested, I would recommend taking a look at Phones Pro with your Pro Account Manager. If you haven't had a chance to speak with them, this would be a great opportunity. 

You can connect with your Account Manager by reaching out to your CSM and asking them to connect you! 

Cheers! 

DaylaPCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

I had experience implementing Phones Pro when I worked for an HVAC contractor and worked in customer experience. I personally love it (the analytics and VI are my favorite and help with training CSRs), and so did the team - they still use it.

Now as an STCP Consultant, I still recommend it and am always a bit excited when I get to dig into one of our client accounts. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have!  

Dayla Penn
ServiceTitan Certified Coach
Powerhouse Consulting Group

jsoch

We had issues when we first onboarded with service titan with getting our phones up and running, and the easiest solution was to just go with phones pro from the start so I do not have any experiences with the default phones integration, and we came from a typical LAN line setup.

That being said I have actually been very happy with phones pro overall, in two years of use we have had one recorded incident where phones actually went down. There have been small hiccups with chat bubbles not appearing at times, but overall things have been pretty stable.

We have not really had issues with headset compatibility, we actually use gaming headsets as they are generally very comfortable for our CSR's and have excellent sound and voice quality and have had no issues. 

Steveng

Though we have had our issues, I recommend dial pad even with the issues.  We created a trouble shooting workflow document and provided it to every user, if they still have issues it's usually ST wide or bigger issue.  We intermittently have had issues with the microphones on headsets changing defaults (camera or internal mic sometimes default) in the user settings or just glitching.  The trouble shooting varies slightly if using desktop app versus browser or imbedded dialer.  The features like voicemail drop and the queue cards are worth the frustration of trouble shooting imo.  We have been using Phones Pro prior to covid and definitely have had our ups and downs.  I am a big fan of the VI features as well, creates text of full conversation and from analytics you can search key words and really dig into call center management on a time budget.  Previously we used a ShoreTel/Mitel System with 10 landlines that used workgroups and hunt groups.  We had issues with that system and significantly less reporting and management options.  I have not researched competitor companies in the last few years because dial pad has worked for us.  

Blake
New Contributor

Thank you, Steve - we are looking into PhonesPro currently (team of 9 CSRs). What KPIs are you able to measure with PhonesPro that you could not without it?

Steveng

Service Titan Reports have a ton of KPI's you can pull for the meaty stuff but two dial pad analytics tools I like to use the missed call and voice to text search for keywords.  

The missed call field in the CSR scorecard in Dialpad is how many times a CSR declines or misses a call (moved to off-duty and returns).  We have a CSR team of about 5 CSRs (+manager over 2 locations) and 3 dispatchers (+Supervisor) and both run a call center one for the techs and one for customers.  One feedback friction point I have received in the past from both teams is when someone accuses someone of deliberately declining calls.  What this allows me to see is if they are having issues with headsets etc I know where to start first and how long the issue has been happening since I can run history reports as well.  We have a team member with roughly 500% more missed calls then other members working the same shift.  When discussed, we found out that it was a headset issue with them not hearing inbound calls though their headset.  That report allowed me to see it before the representative reported the issue, sometimes its a user error in the settings or improper closing the of the dial pad app.  

The other tool I like to use is the voice to text search for keyword feature.  I can scan all our calls for key words in conversations.  I don't use it often but we were able to field though a bunch of tech calls to get info from a debrief that was buried from an employee that does not work here anymore.   

MH
New Contributor II

I know this is an old chat, but I think you will be able to help me. 🙂 Why do we need dialpad? We currently use it, but I don't really know why. Wouldn't Phone Pro be enough? Dial pad analytics is never correct for us. (The set up was already in place when I started) I don't know why nor how to fix it. But I can easily find the call data in ST. Would it be a good cost saving idea to get rid of dial pad in your experience? 

jsoch

Hi there, Dial pad is actually what makes phones pro work, it takes most of the functions of Dial pad and integrates them into Service Titan so that everything shows up in one place. Dial pad is essentially the skeleton for Phones Pro