Recurring Memberships on Configurable Payroll

Malaurav
New Contributor

I couldn't find anything similar to this so starting a new thread.

We pretty much have our set performance-pay ready to go we just have one thing we don't know how to configure.

We are trying to pay either $10 per sold membership (or 10% of the Membership invoice item) to our technicians. This rule is set and functional. 👍🏼

The rule we can't imagine working out is for the recurring memberships. How do we make it so that our techs get paid every time we receive a monthly payment from the membership they sold?

Would you recommend we pay this at 10% to make this easier because how would be pay per month at a flat dollar figure? $1 per monthly payment orrr...?

Any help is appreciated, gracias!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I run a report of all active memberships on a monthly basis and make a direct payroll adjustment.  We just told our guys that the recurring pay on those would come after the month cleared and we made sure all the membership were active and paid.  The Active memberships report will show you the sold by person and you can just run a couple of quick equations in excel, use the payroll import template and import that info on a regularly basis.  Whole process took me 5 minutes every month as I couldn't find a way to pay this "Mailbox Money" using Configurable payroll but curious if anyone else has a different solution.

Element Mist

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @Malaurav -- currently CP can't compensate payout for automated membership renewals. But I wonder if we could create a pay rule for "Sales Commission on Invoice Item" and add a job type filter (job type will be the recurring service job type) and then payout either flat amount, range $ or % "set on invoice item" and put the payout amount in there and lastly set the date to pay on to "last payment date?" give this a shot and let me know if it works! @AdamCronenberg 

Sheena @ NiFT

AdamCronenberg

Hi Sheena,

I think they are trying to pay every month and not just at renewal.  I looked at this though as I thought you might be on to something with the Sales Commission on Invoice Item.  The monthly membership billing invoices dont have a job associated with them so no filter there.  You could set something up on the item but these invoices are also not assigned to jobs (because it is just an invoice) and they arent assigned to a technician.  I did look and on the automatic membership billing invoices, you can assign a sold by, so it would probably pick it up, but that information doesnt come over automatically so you would have to go into every single auto generated monthly membership invoice and add the sold by for it, unless there is a config setting or something like that I am unaware of to add it automatically.  Seems like the quickest route is just running a report off of active memberships, seeing who sold them, and giving the payout via an imported payroll adjustment.

Element Mist

Sheena_Palacios

thanks for trying it out @AdamCronenberg -- the invoice template lives on the recurring service event which has the ability to tie in a specific job type...just thinking out loud here 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT

AdamCronenberg

I run a report of all active memberships on a monthly basis and make a direct payroll adjustment.  We just told our guys that the recurring pay on those would come after the month cleared and we made sure all the membership were active and paid.  The Active memberships report will show you the sold by person and you can just run a couple of quick equations in excel, use the payroll import template and import that info on a regularly basis.  Whole process took me 5 minutes every month as I couldn't find a way to pay this "Mailbox Money" using Configurable payroll but curious if anyone else has a different solution.

Element Mist

Thanks Adam! We will definitely use this method for now but it would be amazing if ST could just add one more Pay Rule that would be set around Invoice Payment like @Sheena_Palacios suggested. How do we submit suggestions to ST? 😅

Sheena_Palacios

right here on the ideas page @Malaurav 😉

Sheena @ NiFT

AdamCronenberg

In this community, they have an Ideas section and you can see if there is already a similar Idea request and upvote it or start a new Idea and get some votes for it.

Element Mist