wpowers11
Valued Contributor

running-to-competitor.jpeg

I’m going to age myself a little here, but it never ceases to surprise me how things don’t change and what the keys to success are. Back in 1990 a group of people and myself developed a customer service program called WOW service. When I presented it to a group of franchises back then I told them that the most successful companies would be the ones who could exceed customer expectations and WOW them. The program was amazingly simple listen, smile, be apathetic and deliver what you promise. We still had people back then who just didn’t buy in. There motto was getting the money and run….. They ran themselves out of business. Here again no matter if you are a provider, vendor or customer you should expect WOW service…. Or as we tell and train people LEVEL 10 service nothing less. 

Customer service is crucial in the home services business, where service providers work directly in people's homes or in our case providing a service that can change people’s lives in a positive way when delivered and supported correctly. Providing excellent customer service can help build trust, increase customer loyalty, and maintain a positive reputation. In this blog, we'll discuss the importance of customer service in the home services business and how it can help service providers succeed.

Building Trust

Home service providers work in an intimate and personal space, which is why building trust with the customer is essential. Good customer service can help establish a positive relationship between the service provider and the customer. Service providers can demonstrate their professionalism, reliability, and expertise through excellent customer service. This can help customers feel more comfortable and confident in the service provider's ability to handle their home service’s needs.

Word of mouth is critical in the home services business. Customers are more likely to trust recommendations from friends and family when it comes to hiring a service provider. Positive word of mouth can help build a strong reputation for the service provider, which can lead to more business. Excellent customer service can help service providers gain positive reviews and referrals from satisfied customers, which can increase their chances of attracting new customers.

Customer Retention

Retaining customers is vital for the success of any business. Providing excellent customer service can help service providers retain customers and increase their loyalty. When customers are satisfied with the service they receive, they are more likely to use the same service provider in the future. This can help service providers build a strong customer base, which can lead to more business opportunities and increased revenue.

Competitive Advantage

The home services business is highly competitive, with many service providers offering similar services. Providing exceptional customer service can give a service provider a competitive edge. Customers are more likely to choose a service provider who offers excellent customer service over a competitor who does not. This can help service providers stand out from the competition and attract more customers.

Conflict Resolution

Home service providers may encounter various issues while providing services. A strong customer service team can effectively resolve any issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Quick and efficient conflict resolution can help service providers maintain a positive relationship with the customer and prevent negative reviews or referrals.

In conclusion, customer service is essential in the home services business. Providing excellent customer service can help service providers build trust, maintain a positive reputation, retain customers, gain a competitive advantage, and resolve conflicts effectively. These benefits can lead to more business opportunities and increased revenue for service providers. By prioritizing customer service, service providers can set themselves up for long-term success in the home services industry.

4 Comments
asnow
Valued Contributor II

Really important stuff to remember! Thanks for sharing Bill!

MadisonChicken
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Treating your customers well and giving them consistency is so crucial! 

Thank you for your insight

brandy_a
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information! We know these things, but sometimes find it challenging to follow through each time. I will be passing this along to the other managers at our company. 

Miranda

This is all so important! Thank you so much for sharing!