Flat Rate and tax line on Invoice

terrymejia
New Contributor II

Has anyone been audited for flat rate?  We are going flat rate and would like the invoice to not show the tax line can this be done?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

pmora
New Contributor III

Our residential flat rate invoices do not show a tax line.  We use labor & services for billing, then add the materials we use, not billing for them as a line item on the invoice.  We pay use tax, so it's calculated as the parts are used on our cost only except for commercial accounts which we are required to collect sales tax on the total bill.  This is what our residential customers see:

Screenshot 2023-02-14 144943.jpg

 We have not been audited that I know of since we started using flat rate.  We've been using it for several years now, at least 7-8 years.

View solution in original post

DianaK
Contributor

Good morning terrymejia , I turned on a config for you that hides sales tax on the invoice if it's $0. I confirmed it's working on invoice 24991889. You may need to refresh to confirm. In the UI will still show the tax lines but if you print the invoice it will not. Please let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DianaK
Contributor

Good morning terrymejia , I turned on a config for you that hides sales tax on the invoice if it's $0. I confirmed it's working on invoice 24991889. You may need to refresh to confirm. In the UI will still show the tax lines but if you print the invoice it will not. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Can you do this in my account?  That invoice is not in my system.

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

Yes, done. See above for invoice detail.

scottf_GBO
Contributor II

Is yours showing a number in the tax field?  If it is, you need to go to Settings/ Invoicing/ Tax Zones.  This should be where your tax is set up in ST.  -OR-  It is set up as a default under the Business Unit.

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

terrymejia
New Contributor II

How do you get it not to show the tax? That is exactly how we want to do flat rate!

pmora
New Contributor III

Our residential flat rate invoices do not show a tax line.  We use labor & services for billing, then add the materials we use, not billing for them as a line item on the invoice.  We pay use tax, so it's calculated as the parts are used on our cost only except for commercial accounts which we are required to collect sales tax on the total bill.  This is what our residential customers see:

Screenshot 2023-02-14 144943.jpg

 We have not been audited that I know of since we started using flat rate.  We've been using it for several years now, at least 7-8 years.

scottf_GBO
Contributor II

We started flat rate about 6 years ago.  We have not been audited on this.  As long as your accountant does his part, you should be covered.

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

scottf_GBO
Contributor II

I don't think you can turn the Tax line off in your invoices... we have tried to do this, but haven't been able to do so.  We have been flat rate since before coming onboard with ST.  Our invoices just have a "$0.00" amount for the tax line.  

I really wish you could change the pricebook default to be UNchecked for tax

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

Good morning, I turned on a config for you that hides sales tax on the invoice if it's $0. I confirmed it's working on invoice 39541185. You may need to refresh to confirm. In the UI will still show the tax lines but if you print the invoice it will not. Please let me know if you have any questions.