Non-Job Purchase Orders

smischke
New Contributor II

How are those with Inventory and Purchasing turned on creating non-job purchase orders?  We used to be able to do that by going to the dispatch board and clicking the technician.  Now that option is gone.  Now I can't create a purchase order without choosing a business unit.  I don't need to choose a business unit because the purchase is not for a job.  Maybe it doesn't matter if a business unit is chosen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Then I would create an OVERHEAD business unit or something like that to attribute these POs to.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DMMILES1
New Contributor

I created a Non-Job business unit. I use this to create the Non-Job PO's. 

rstare1
New Contributor II

The BU requirement is for people exporting to QuickBooks as class is required. If you don't want to attribute it to any specific BU, I use a catch all BU (HVAC office) that I will dump stuff like this into.

We also export to QuickBooks desktop. I'm fairly new to ServiceTitan, so I'm trying to learn about these non-po bills. If we create a BU called Overhead or something similar, what goes in the account field at the bottom of the screen below the memo box? What GL account does the newly created BU map to?

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Presumably, the material you're purchasing will eventually be used on jobs. Is this material for your install department? Service? That's what you would enter into the BU field.

smischke
New Contributor II

A non-job purchase order for us would be things like trash bags, paper towels, booties, cleaners.  Our technicians work across business units, so we don't want to classify these purchases under one business unit. 

JessicaSmith

Then I would create an OVERHEAD business unit or something like that to attribute these POs to.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions