outbound call recording

WaterlinePlumb
New Contributor II

Record outbound calls before entering info: It would be great to be able to record an outbound call before adding customer information. We often get after hour calls from our call center where the customer is leaving a number an declines to leave all info. We call them first thing but are unable to record that call. These calls are generally the most important as they are when we deliver our rates etc. The workaround I hear is a fake customer and add the new phone number.. (workaround means it doesn't work so try this) Can this be added?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

KirstenGoTime
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Instead of creating a fake customer every time and having the issue of potentially having a lot of customers in your account that we dont actually have information for I always advise to have an account called Potential Customer. When one of these numbers come in you add the number there so you can outbound (with a memo next to the number with any information that might have been provided like name). When this person calls in again the CSR will know immediately that  this is someone we are missing information for. At that point you create a new account with real information and put the number on the real account and delete it off the Potential Customer account. This was recordings all move over and you can always click into Potential Customer and follow up with people who may still be opportunities. Like you said it is still technically a work around and a real process would be great! However, this does function well from what I have seen and prevents you from having an influx of fake accounts in the system. 

View solution in original post

marissa_eco900
New Contributor II

the only issue with that answer is you need an address to save the profile in general

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ck_comercross
New Contributor

What I'm finding most difficult is when the 'dummy' or 'potential' customer calls back, it's been a challenge having to go in and manually edit the address while they are giving it to me over the phone, along with booking the type of job they want with all of that information. There has to be a more efficient way to track outbound calls without having to create any type of customer profile beforehand. Is there anyway to link ST with our current office phone company so I can just dial the outbound numbers on my office phone and not create a potential customer profile, then go back and manually have to click that phone number? 

marissa_eco900
New Contributor II

the only issue with that answer is you need an address to save the profile in general

Would 101 Main st  your city, your state work? 

KirstenGoTime

Instead of creating a fake customer every time and having the issue of potentially having a lot of customers in your account that we dont actually have information for I always advise to have an account called Potential Customer. When one of these numbers come in you add the number there so you can outbound (with a memo next to the number with any information that might have been provided like name). When this person calls in again the CSR will know immediately that  this is someone we are missing information for. At that point you create a new account with real information and put the number on the real account and delete it off the Potential Customer account. This was recordings all move over and you can always click into Potential Customer and follow up with people who may still be opportunities. Like you said it is still technically a work around and a real process would be great! However, this does function well from what I have seen and prevents you from having an influx of fake accounts in the system. 

triciamccoy
New Contributor II

Haven't really thought of this issue but right off the top of my head - if you get the customer's # in that message from the after hours service - make a "dummy" account with as much information as you were given and then use the click to call customer action (which records the call). You can always update their information after booking the call. OR create an account that has the name - Answering Service (or similar) and when you call the after hours customer from the message the service sends you - add their number to that account briefly to use the click to call (which records) the call. You can always detach a call from a job or "job" and attach it where it goes.

Might not be the best thought but it wouldn't be hard at all to do the first suggestion. Hope that helps ! 🙂

You're welcome for meeting me !