Dispatch "holding area" for calls requiring same day service

LisaWilson
New Contributor II

As we are getting busier, we have a pretty extensive list each day of residential service calls that need priority service that day.  The "unassigned" tab shows all calls unassigned (commercial/residential/etc). We need a better way to show which residential calls need service as someone comes available throughout the day without having to scroll through all the unassigned calls. Does anyone have suggestions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sydney
New Contributor II

We do something similar! One tech that is "unmanaged" is named "NOT Scheduled (Placeholder)" 
 Anyone else taking a message for dispatch can help out and make the work order and drop on the board under "NOT scheduled" so the dispatch sees as soon as they refresh the page there is a new job there that needs to be scheduled. We have also added a tag for NOT scheduled and " to be confirmed with homeowner" ( TBC - on dispatch board) making it easy for Dispatchers to search or filter against the tag. You could also have a tag for "Residential" that is automatically added as you select that specific type of appointment and that makes for easy filtering in the tabs below dispatch board. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kimberlypizer
New Contributor

the unmanaged tech is the best idea. i have seen companies just throw things in the tray and they get so lost especially if you have multi departments such as heating, ac, plumbing and electrical. it all gets jumbled there. 

Kimberly Pizer

jamiel_e
New Contributor

I made a technician called "Priority Demand" so it can sit on the dispatch board and be seen. You just put your priority calls on like it is assigned to a person but its just a place holder. This works until there are invoice items on the job then it doesn't work because Priority Demand is non managed. 

Sydney
New Contributor II

We do something similar! One tech that is "unmanaged" is named "NOT Scheduled (Placeholder)" 
 Anyone else taking a message for dispatch can help out and make the work order and drop on the board under "NOT scheduled" so the dispatch sees as soon as they refresh the page there is a new job there that needs to be scheduled. We have also added a tag for NOT scheduled and " to be confirmed with homeowner" ( TBC - on dispatch board) making it easy for Dispatchers to search or filter against the tag. You could also have a tag for "Residential" that is automatically added as you select that specific type of appointment and that makes for easy filtering in the tabs below dispatch board. 

LisaWilson
New Contributor II

I like this idea a lot, that way we can drag and drop as needed!  Thank you!

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Add a "priority" tag to the job then filter your unassigned tray by the priority tag

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I like this idea as well, it's just that during this time of the year we will have so many to filter through.  We want to order them by the time they come in.  Thank you!

meganwatson
New Contributor II

Hi Lisa! Can you help me better understand your system, do all of your booked jobs go to unassigned?

During the day when it's super hot/super cold - as the calls come in we leave them unassigned as we need to wait until a tech frees up for Residential customers.  We generally assign calls in the order they come in by whichever tech comes free first.  I hope this makes sense.