Dispatcher Prioritization

mquigley
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey Community Dispatchers, 

Do your dispatchers use the optimize technician route? What is the success you are having? What are ways you use service titan to help you prioritize the emergencies from young tune ups? Does your dispatcher run the reports to check on closing % to schedule the calls under the right techs? They read every call in unassigned and put them under the techs they want? 

Thanks, 

8 REPLIES 8

HannahQPHC
New Contributor II

We do not use it either, we use a batting order system instead! Basing our technicians routes off of their "batting average" helps us see a better closing and selling rate! Also the "batting order" is frequently talked about between our techs and give a friendly little competition between them! We also don't use time frames besides 8am so our Dispatch team can really prioritize the calls based off of severity levels!

Zakw
Contributor

We don't use it. The routes are often off. I don't know if it is the Puget Sound getting in the way but crossing the sound on the Ferry vs driving around completely changes the routing

RandiCline
New Contributor II

We use it for mass scheduling our customers for Winterization (Irrigation industry). It works great for that. We do an 8-5 arrival window and 30 minute job duration. I then take all the RSE's in Maps 2.0 and assign them to a team of techs and Optimize. It works great for that, but not for when people just call in to book a job. 

misty325
New Contributor III

We have different window arrivals but I personally do not use it. My boss showed me how it worked but old habits are hard to break and I just cannot force myself to use it. I have heard both sides and for our company, I just don't understand how to make it work for us. 🤔

mikef_bl
New Contributor

We have 5-hour arrival windows and we route every call. Optimizing WILL take their arrival windows into consideration but, it still wont route the calls all that well.

reneem

We do not use it just because we have arrival windows. To my knowledge you can't really use it unless you have no time windows for the day. Good luck though, I know they are continuing to make a lot of new improvements to it. It is a pretty new feature.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

JessicaSmith

I'd love to use it. I need to start using wider windows first though!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

mikef_bl
New Contributor

We can't use it at all, unfortunately. We try all the time, but it gives our technician's the weirdest routes. It will send them back and forth all over the city with no efficiency at all or it will send them to street A, then street B, then street C then back to a house on Street A and it just makes absolutely no sense. It was the number 1 selling feature for us and we can't use it at all. We've tried working with out CSM and implementing other ideas from the community but, it's still worthless to us. We're routing manually still.