Dispatcher Training Manual

jmoutray
New Contributor II

Does anyone have a dispatcher training manual they would be willing to share? I'm in the process of creating one & could use some more great ideas to throw in! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Depends on workflow you are adopting, size of company and direction you are going.  Many shops operate completely different i.e. separating call center from dispatch versus having them be one person.  Usually size of the company is the driving force behind those.  Also, creating a inhouse process for mapping those workflows will create a longer usage for those documents.  I'd recommend documenting how you are doing it now and look at friction points within that process and document the improvements.  When creating these I always check the knowledge base first and try to adopt it as closely as our processes allow.  I will walk through a process and screen shot each step and paste it into a blank sheet.  It's a bit chaotic at first but once you create headers it's easier to fill in and customize the text.  I tried to attach our how to generic SOP format document here.  Hope this helps, hate to give bad advice that could send you the wrong direction.  Do you use Nexstar, BDR or any of the other training programs?  If so, I'd start there.  If not, I would highly recommend any of them.  Nexstar has been great for us, outlined our dispatch process very well.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

mquigley

I have a CSR Manual, Next up is Dispatch! It much harder to create a dispatch manual bc you get dealt a different hand of cards each day but would be very intriguing to get all the smart dispatchers information together! Game of chess or Gin Rummy. Knowing the hot techs. Understanding Prioritization, Technician skills. Could be a good topic for @LadyTitan2022 

Good afternoon - Merry Christmas day after!

Could you send me a copy of your manual or link?  We just started in October and things are a little slow and haven't had the opportunity to "test" my notes in order to put them into a manual.  I would really appreciate it.

Tina   tbrad@acehandymanservices.com

rgoit67
New Contributor III

Hello Leon , We  have new dispatchers coming in next week to train would you be willing to share with us ? I would be  so greatful! Robin 

LeonWright

I have one that is still a work in progress that I wouldn't sending to you but this type of thing is better to be personalized to you specific workflow.  We all know there are multiple ways of doing the same thing and we all have our preferred methods.  Hit me up and I'd be happy to email over what I have.  

Hello Leon, I am interested to see what you have in the works if you don't mind! Karlam@callschaal.com 

rgoit67
New Contributor III

Thank you so much ! I will reach out to you . 

ACooper

Hello Leon! I would love to take a look at your work in progress if you wouldn't mind! We are still developing that in our company and I would be happy to take all the advice i can get! My email is aly@andersonair.com if You have any tips or tricks!

Aly Cooper
Dilling Services

Steveng

Depends on workflow you are adopting, size of company and direction you are going.  Many shops operate completely different i.e. separating call center from dispatch versus having them be one person.  Usually size of the company is the driving force behind those.  Also, creating a inhouse process for mapping those workflows will create a longer usage for those documents.  I'd recommend documenting how you are doing it now and look at friction points within that process and document the improvements.  When creating these I always check the knowledge base first and try to adopt it as closely as our processes allow.  I will walk through a process and screen shot each step and paste it into a blank sheet.  It's a bit chaotic at first but once you create headers it's easier to fill in and customize the text.  I tried to attach our how to generic SOP format document here.  Hope this helps, hate to give bad advice that could send you the wrong direction.  Do you use Nexstar, BDR or any of the other training programs?  If so, I'd start there.  If not, I would highly recommend any of them.  Nexstar has been great for us, outlined our dispatch process very well.  

rgoit67
New Contributor III

Thank you so much , we will defiantly look into these options ! This community is so helpful