Job cancelled - Invoice pending "forever"

julianaf
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

When I cancel a job (customer called and don't want us to go), the invoice still pending forever, because it doesn't show in Accounting to be batched, posted and exported.

What do you guys do to "complete the job"?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

But if the job is booked and then cancelled the invoice can't be batched it just lives under pending status forever.  Is there a way to make these go away?  If we just empty the invoice and batch and export then it shows as a completed job on the customers account.  We prefer to see the cancelled jobs in the line up so we know we have repeat offenders so to speak.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

michael21
Contributor III

Assuming that the job was never started, we delete any billable tasks.  Then you have a choice.  Since the job has nothing on in, you can batch and export it normally.  If you don't want to export it at all, we don't, you can batch it in its own batch and then bypass that batch instead of exporting it.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

But if the job is booked and then cancelled the invoice can't be batched it just lives under pending status forever.  Is there a way to make these go away?  If we just empty the invoice and batch and export then it shows as a completed job on the customers account.  We prefer to see the cancelled jobs in the line up so we know we have repeat offenders so to speak.

julianaf
New Contributor III

My problem is because here an there I run a "pending jobs" report, to see if something was forgotten there by techs.  And I have a "dirty" list with those "canceled" jobs and it's no status to show it.  So I have to enter invoice by invoice (job by job whatever you prefer to call it) to check what's going on.

Jodi
New Contributor II

I'm in the same situation. I'm spending so much time researching invoices that have been canceled whenever I run "empty invoice reports".  We want the job to show it was canceled so we can track frequent offenders.