Margin Notification

jcopley
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Is there a notification setting that alerts me when a job is about to be closed out by the tech and the margin is under a predetermined threshold by management? 

It would be nice if there was a feature that stops the process and requires a managers approval before they can receive payment from the customer. This would allow me to proactively control my margins instead of managing it from behind. Companies are having to manage more people without adding to their overhead cost. 

It used to be that one service manager would oversee 10-12 guys and that allowed the manager the time to work with each individual technician and educate them. Now days one manager might be managing 40+ technicians.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This would be great for our service managers as well.  We have 3 mangers with about 8-10 techs each couldn't imagine 40+ with our current workflows, haha.  Would need a good trigger to provide enough time for a response, maybe wrap-ups or an invoice review status that has a trigger.  We do a lot of training on this topic with our techs.  Good idea.  

jcopley
New Contributor II

Thanks Steve for the reply. We are up to 55 techs now so it is difficult to keep up with each one.