Real estate company customer/location records

kmozley618
New Contributor

We work with multiple real estate companies and buyers to provide real estate inspections before a purchase. 

With regard to customer cards and locations, what is the recommended way to keep track of real estate companies with multiple agents who have multiple clients/properties?

Should I create a customer card for every agent and then a separate location for each property?

Or should all agents from the same RE office be under one customer card? And if this is the case, how do I delineate the service locations (e.g., by agent, address, buyer name)?

Just looking for some suggestions on how everyone else does it as I feel like our process now is very confusing since CSRs add location-specific notes to the customer card, we have dozens of agents that work for one RE company, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jwarren
New Contributor III

Hi @kmozley618 - I work with several companies that have the same scenario. Many of my customers are keeping all of the locations under one customer and creating a custom field for the location so they can put the agent's name. You can also create a tag with the agent's name and add it to the location so that way it populates when jobs are created. The custom field has worked well for my customers because they can pull a report with the custom field as a column if needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jwarren
New Contributor III

Hi @kmozley618 - I work with several companies that have the same scenario. Many of my customers are keeping all of the locations under one customer and creating a custom field for the location so they can put the agent's name. You can also create a tag with the agent's name and add it to the location so that way it populates when jobs are created. The custom field has worked well for my customers because they can pull a report with the custom field as a column if needed.

Tiffy76
New Contributor II

Can you put separate billing address/names for each location? Also what if they have different CC they want to use? 

Tiffany Mendez

lnorse5588
New Contributor III

Can you put separate billing address/names for each location?